The Alabama Civil Justice Foundation (ACJF) is seeking an executive director with strong leadership qualities, and the knowledge and interest to move the Foundation forward with integrity and enthusiasm. The ideal candidate will have a passion for improving the lives of Alabamians most in need, value the role of the nonprofit sector and have respect for the legal community and its role in assuring justice for all.
The Alabama Civil Justice Foundation (ACJF) is a statewide grantmaking foundation. Its grants are provided to nonprofit organizations in Alabama that are assisting Alabama families and children in need. The Foundation’s primary grantmaking areas are for family & children services and civil legal aid.
The Executive Director will report to the President and the Board of Directors and will have a wide range of responsibilities including:
• Administrative – Responsible for the day-to-day management.
• Board of Directors – Setting priorities and advancing its mission.
• Financial Management – Responsible for the overall financial management of ACJF and ensure fiscal accountability of programs and services.
• Resource Development – Oversee the development and implementation of fund development activities to secure operating revenue and long-term financial stability.
• Grant Making – Oversee all aspects of its various grantmaking processes and work directly with the Grant Committee to review and make recommendations to the board.
• Public Relations – Serve as the primary spokesperson for the Foundation.
• Marketing – Plan and coordinate strategies to strengthen the Foundation outreach to lawyers, nonprofits, and the public.
Skills and Experience
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, a master’s or higher degree is preferable.
• Nonprofit management and/or philanthropic experience.
• Ability to work with a strong and diverse board of directors.
• Proven fundraising ability.
• Strong Communication Skills.
• A visionary, innovative, entrepreneurial, and bold leader.
The full Position Profile may be seen at:
Compensation will be competitive and based on experience.
Expected beginning date: October 2018. To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed as received.