Part Time Position Available in Birmingham
The Alabama Press Association, located in Birmingham, has a part time position available for a Member Services Coordinator. The job duties include:
- Coordinate general membership services and activities
- Coordinate the annual Better Newspaper Contest
- Assist with two conventions. Details include site preparation, speaker coordination, preparing and mailing registration forms, monitoring and recording registration and handling other meeting-management responsibilities, as coordinated with the executive director
• Coordinate the annual weekly newspaper college football pass program
• Responsible for maintaining membership database, and distributing all printed and digital mailings
- In consultation with the executive director, send out timely reminders of annual dues notices and reminders, and process and monitor payments
- Maintain and coordinate with other staff members the APA website and social media platforms
- Other membership activities as required
Qualified candidates must possess experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Applicants must also work well under minimal supervision. Candidates must possess excellent writing and communication skills.
The job will require 25 hours per week. Hourly pay is based on experience. All interested candidates meeting these requirements should send a resume to email@example.com.
The Alabama Restaurant and Hospitality Alliance has an opening for a Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant.
Bookkeeping functions: specifically accounts receivable and accounts payable
Coordinating annual meeting and golf tournament
Assisting CEO with Board of Directors meetings
Maintaining membership database
Serving as liaison with association sponsored workers’ comp fund
Providing administrative support by answering phones, handling correspondence, general office duties
Providing event assistance to team with preparation of materials, securing donations for events, updating databases & reporting
Coordinating volunteers for office, fund-raising events and projects as needed.
Maintaining inventory of supplies for administrative office and events
Performing other duties as needed to accomplish administrative, educational, membership and legislative goals
Qualified candidates must possess above average experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Applicants must also work well under minimal supervision. Candidates must possess excellent writing and communication skills. High School diploma is required, some college preferred. Minimum one to three years of general office experience required.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment, able to consistently meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills, willingness to accept direction, flexible in change, ability to work independently while remaining a team player.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. This is a full-time, in-office position. All interested candidates meeting these requirements should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.